The lithium iron phosphate battery has a long life and is widely loved by consumers. The single lithium iron phosphate battery can be charged and discharged as high as about 3000 times, but the life of the lithium iron phosphate battery pack only has about 2000 times. This is very different from the lithium battery. Well, what is the reason to wear out the life of the lithium iron phosphate battery?
First, talk about the weaknesses of AGV lithium iron phosphate batteries
1. The low temperature performance of lithium iron phosphate battery is poor. It is almost impossible to operate at temperatures below-20 °C.Without a heating system, it is almost impossible to start a AGV in winter.
2. The actual capacity of the lithium iron phosphate battery is lower than that of the design capacity during high rate charging and discharging, which is due to the poor conductivity and slow diffusion of lithium ions.
The reason of low temperature performance of lithium iron phosphate battery
- Production environment
As a high-tech product with many chemical raw materials and complicated technology, the production environment of lithium iron phosphate battery requires on high temperature, humidity and dust.
- Poor conductivity and slow diffusion of lithium ion
The actual specific capacity is low during high rate charging and discharging, which is a difficult problem to restrict the development of lithium iron phosphate battery industry.
- Material impact
The cathode of lithium iron phosphate has poor electrical conductivity, and is prone to polarization, reducing the capacity; the negative electrode is mainly low-temperature charging, because it will affect the safety; the electrolyte, it is possible that the low temperature viscosity will increase, the lithium ion transfer impedance will increase; the fourth is the binder, which is now the low temperature performance of the battery is also relatively large impact.
- High melting point solvent
Because of the existence of high melting point solvent in the mixed solvent of the lithium battery electrolyte, the viscosity of the lithium-ion battery electrolyte increases at low temperature, and the electrolyte solidifies when the temperature is too low, the transmission rate of the lithium iron phosphate battery in the electrolyte is reduced.
- SEI film
In low temperature environment, the SEI film of the anode of lithium iron phosphate battery is thickened, the conductive rate of lithium ion in SEI film is decreased with the increase of SEI film impedance, and the charge and discharge efficiency is decreased with the polarization of lithium ion in the anode of lithium iron phosphate battery at low temperature.
What is the reason for the wear of the LiFePO4 battery life
1. Material reasons: Lithium iron phosphate batteries at high rates of charge and discharge there will be capacity differences, in the long run will lead to a group of battery consistency problems, resulting in the end of battery life.
2. Human factors: Good charging habits are still the most important. Too much overcharge, too much over-discharge, too much large current charge, the lithium iron phosphate battery is still very deep impact.
3.Environmental factors: The low temperature performance of lithium iron phosphate battery. Charging at low temperature will also lead to battery consistency problems. As well as complex use of the environment, will affect the lithium iron phosphate battery.
In conclusion, LiFePO4 is by far the most factor of safety type of lithium ion battery, with a much longer life than other type lithium-ion battery. But other properties, such as energy density and discharge are a bit worse than other lithium-ion batteries. This is one of the main reasons why Electric Vehicle lithium iron phosphate batteries have not been able to completely replace lithium-ion battery so far. Proper and rational use of lithium battery is very important.
SmartPropel Original Writer:Nancy