With the development of electric vehicle battery technology and the policy control, the development of lithium battery will become the main trend in the future. The gradual replacement of lead-acid battery is certain, however, lithium battery is still limited by its own cost-performance and other reasons to completely replace the lead-acid battery’s dominant position there is still a way to go, and lead acid batteries are constantly making their own breakthroughs. So it’s unlikely that lead acid batteries can be completely replaced, given that they take longer to industrialize and are cheap and nonflammable, lithium batteries are still unlikely to replace them in certain industries. In addition to the environmental pollution of lead-acid battery itself and bulky size, lead-acid battery almost has no other shortcomings. Below the electric car lithium battery manufacturer SmartPropel to roughly introduce lead-acid battery and lithium battery which is good. Below, we explain the lithium iron phosphate battery, lead acid battery respectively.
Firstly, the lithium iron phosphate battery was analyzed
1.Durability: Lithium iron phosphate battery durability is strong, consumption is slow, charge and discharge more than 2000 times, and no memory, general life in 4-5 years.Discharge rate: Lithium iron phosphate battery can discharge large current, suitable for electric vehicles, electric bicycles and so on.
2. Volume, quality: Lithium batteries are relatively small.
3. Battery capacity: lithium ion batteries have more battery capacity than lead acid batteries. Lithium batteries have a capacity of about 20 amps; lead-acid batteries have a capacity of 8-10 amps.
4. No memory effect: no matter what state the lithium iron phosphate battery is in, it can be used as it goes, no need to run it out before recharging.
5. Monomer nominal voltage: lithium iron phosphate electricity monomer nominal voltage: 3.2 V.
6. Environmental friendly: Materials without any toxic and harmful substances, the world is considered as green batteries, the battery regardless of the production and use of pollution-free, has become the focus of attention.
7. Safety: Lithium iron phosphate has been subjected to rigorous safety tests that do not cause explosions even in the worst traffic accidents, resulting in higher safety performance. The safety of lithium iron phosphate battery is the closest to that of lead acid battery, and it is the most possible alternative to lead acid battery in the future.
1.The lead-acid battery general deep charge and deep discharge is 300 times, have memory, life in two years or so. And lead acid batteries have liquid in them, after a period of consumption, if the battery is found hot or charging time is shorter, you need to replenish the liquid.General lead-acid battery weight is 16-30 kilograms, larger volume.
2. There is a large amount of lead in the Lead acid battery. If it is not disposed properly, it will pollute the environment and pollute the production process.
3. Monomer nominal voltage of lead acid battery: 2.0 V
4. Lead acid batteries do not burn, even in the worst of circumstances, because they use non flammable diluted sulfuric acid as an electrolyte.
5. Lead acid batteries are not sensitive to over charge and over discharge, and apart from damaging capacity and life, they are not likely to undergo the intense chemical fire reactions that may occur after lithium-ion battery overcharge and over discharge. It’s much safer to use than lithium batteries. This is the current lithium battery can not be replaced.
Comparison between lead-acid battery and lithium battery
Lithium-ion battery: Cycle life up to 800-2000 times, long cycle life, although lithium batteries costs more, but the single battery average price performance is more than four times the cost of lead-acid batteries; For a battery of the same size, the lithium-ion battery has a larger battery capacity; for the same size, the lithium-ion battery has two thirds the volume and one third the weight of the lead acid battery.
Lead-acid Battery: Cycle life is less than 300 times, short life, low cost performance; battery capacity is limited; the same size and capacity, the volume and weight are larger; no large current quick charge and discharge performance; There are a lot of lead and a lot of acid in the battery, which will pollute the environment if it is not disposed properly.
Above all, the different advantages of lithium battery and lead-acid battery also represent the different characteristics of the two batteries. So, if we put aside the environmental protection factor, lead-acid batteries still have super performance-price ratio. However, environmental factors can not ignore. In the future, we need cleaner energy to avoid environmental pollution, pollution-free new energy is the most effective guarantee for the further. As time goes on and technological progress, I believe that in the near future, regardless of the safety of lithium battery technology, or performance, will catch up with and surpass lead-acid batteries to become the mainstream of the market, for the moment, the high capacity and portability of lithium batteries are gradually replacing lead-acid batteries. I’m sure reading this article will make it easier for you to choose between lead acid batteries and lithium ion batteries.
SmartPropel Original Writer: Nancy